- ‘No agreement reached’, White House says
- Talks broke down over lifting of US sanctions
- No third summit committed to by either leader
- Where did it all go wrong between Trump and Kim?
- Five things to watch as Donald Trump meets Kim Jong-un
- Trump urges ‘friend Kim’ to see Vietnam as blueprint for NK
US President Donald Trump and Kim Jong-un’s summit in Vietnam was abruptly cut short yesterday as the pair failed to reach an agreement over how North Korea should denuclearise.
A working lunch and signing ceremony pre-announced by the White House was cancelled at the last minute as talks in Hanoi hit a sudden impasse around midday.
Mr Trump said that Kim had insisted all economic sanctions against…
Register for free to read this article, or log in to your Telegraph account