Following the Conor McGregor-Khabib Nurmagomedov post-UFC 229 brawl that resulted in multiple arrests and chaos in the T-Mobile Arena, there are some updates following a wild night in Las Vegas.
There are hundreds of videos like this showing the footage if you haven’t seen it:
– At the post-fight presser, UFC president Dana White said that the Nevada State Athletic Commission will launch an investigation into everything and is withholding Nurmagomedov’s $2 million purse as they do. McGregor’s $3 million purse was not withheld as the NAC didn’t see any evidence to do so.
– White was non-committal on stripping the lightweight title from Nurmagomedov until after the NAC decides what to do. “The governor (of Nevada) was here tonight and went running out of the building. That’s not good.”
– Three members of Nurmagomedov’s entourage/corner were arrested, but McGregor declined to press charges so they were released.
– White didn’t entertain a rematch because he’s unsure as to what the NAC will rule and whether Nurmagomedov will be able to get a visa to be able to do so.
– White said he didn’t regret any of the promotion leading up to the fight, nor taking further internal action against McGregor following the bus incident.
– The show brought in 20,034 and did over $17 million at the gate.
– White said the two members of Nurmagomedov’s team that jumped in the cage that are currently on the UFC roster will never fight in the promotion again.
– Nurmagomedov spoke briefly at the press conference and while he was apologetic, he didn’t understand why people were so focused on him jumping the cage after the bus dolly incident.
McGregor didn’t appear the press conference, but did make a brief statement:
Good knock. Looking forward to the rematch.
— Conor McGregor (@TheNotoriousMMA) October 7, 2018