Monday, March 27, 2017
- House Republicans are wasting no time bringing the attacks on online privacy to the floor for a vote. In fact, S.J. Res. 34 is scheduled to be debated as early as Monday tonight. If the House passes S.J. Res. 34, it will take only Trump’s signature to eliminate FCC rules adopted last year that prohibit phone and cable companies from selling your private data (such as your web-browsing history) to advertisers and other companies without your consent. This is a bill that benefits only large corporations like AT&T, Comcast and Verizon — and at our expense. It’s inexcusable for Congress to exploit our personal information like this.
- We can’t let it undermine our online privacy.
- Free Press has made it easy for you to find your representative’s direct line .
- The Electronic Frontier Foundation has additional resources .
- Learn more and share the call the action with your networks by using the hashtag
- After Senate Democrats indicated they are willing to filibuster the confirmation of Neil Gorsuch, President Trump’s nominee to the Supreme Court, they need your help urging them to hold the line on that effort.
- and tell them you oppose Gorsuch. If they’ve already committed to join the filibuster, congratulate them (or send them flowers: #FilibusterFlowers)
- Share your opposition using the and hashtags on social media
- Read the Indivisible Guide’s “” resource page. And more .
- Amid the ongoing and bizarre developments in the controversy that has engulfed the White House and Capitol Hill, the call for an independent body to investigate these serious and complex issues has reached a new zenith.
- (MoC) and tell them you support an independent comission or special prosecutor. (Sample script .)
- Tell your MoC to back Rep. Adam Schiff’s demand for independent commission and that you support the call by Rep. Ted Lieu (D-Calif.) “for a total and complete shutdown of any
@agenda item” the facts are established and made public
- Follow and share on the and hashtags on social media
What You Can Be Doing Everyday
- Check out the Indivisible Guide’s “Capitol Calendar.” See if there’s a local Indivisible group in your area. If there isn’t, start one.
- ” also has a running schedule of events and actions.
- Sign up to receive ” on your mobile device
- Every day: Make your voice heard with “5 Calls” (because calling actually works)
- Every Sunday: Join “Ready to Resist” Strategy Calls
- Every Tuesday: #ResistTrumpTuesdays (or on Twitter)
Our work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License. Feel free to republish and share widely.